|Owner: Michael B. Tabor
Trainer: Todd A. Pletcher
Breeder: San Gabriel Investment & T.F. Van Meter
A Syndicate (Shares Available)
Blushing Issue, by
- AT THREE, SMOOTH JAZZ Won 4 races in 9 starts including ($82,950 Best Turn S. at Aqueduct by 2 1/2 lengths; an allowance race at Belmont Park by 7 lengths; an allowance race at Aqueduct by 6 lengths; a maiden special weight race at Aqueduct by 2 1/2 lengths).
- AT FOUR, he won the $250,000 Commonwealth Breeders’ Cup S. -G2 at Keeneland, going 7 furlongs in 1:21.73 to record a 117 Beyer, the fourth highest Beyer on dirt for distances up to one mile in 2003. That year, only the great ALDEBARAN, the consistant multiple Graded Stakes winner SHAKE YOU DOWN and the Breeder's Cup Sprint Winner CAJUN BEAT had higher speed figures.
- Won 5 of 11 career starts for earnings of $321,105.
- By one of STORM CAT’s best sons STORM BOOT, a leading sire of 34 stakes winners, including seven graded stakes winners and one champion. In addition to SMOOTH JAZZ, his progeny include multiple Graded Stakes winners and millionaires BOURBON BELLE and HURRICANE BERTIE; as well as multiple graded stakes winner NIGHT PATROL.
- Out of a half-sister to 3 SWs, including -G1-winning $659,177 earner, ROYAL CHARIOT.
- SMOOTH JAZZ also scored a "0" Ragozin in his G-2 win, a figure usually reserved for Grade One company.
DP= 9-1-11-5-0 (26) DI= 1.48 CD= 0.54